Tooth whitening or tooth bleaching is the process of lightening the color of human teeth. Whitening is often desirable when teeth become yellowed over time for a number of reasons, and can be achieved by changing the intrinsic or extrinsic color of the tooth enamel The chemical degradation of the chromogens within or on the tooth is termed as bleaching.
Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2)
is the active ingredient most commonly used in whitening products and is delivered as either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. When it diffuses into the tooth, hydrogen peroxide acts as an oxidising agent that breaks down to produce unstable free radicals. In the spaces between the inorganic salts in tooth enamel, these unstable free radicals attach to organic pigment molecules resulting in small, less heavily pigmented components. Reflecting less light, these smaller molecules create a “whitening effect”.
- Easy to be used .
- Can be done in office or at home.
- Removes stains and makes you feel look more young.
- No need trimming your teeth like done for veneers.
- Sensivity in case of multiple exposure to the whitening material.
- Results achived are different from person to person.
- Not adviced for deep intrinsic stain(stains inside tooth).
Whatever a fashion trend chooses by celebrities it instantly becomes popular among people especially in younger generations among them a more recent fashion trends are the tooth gems that apply on teeth by using small rhinestone. It adds sparkle in someone’s smile and enhance features. Specific adhesive is used to paste jewels and rhinestone on teeth. They usually a specific lifespan from six months to many years. To enhance their smiles, they are usually used on visible teeth by people. The jewellery used for this purpose is usually biocompatible
Tooth gems are a fun beauty trend that can give your smile some extra bling. They are perfectly safe, but need to be applied properly in order to stay put. It’s possible to apply tooth gems at home. You can also have them done professionally by a dentist .
Generally tooth gems are available in colors white,blue,green,pink,rainbow,etc
A real diamond can also be a gem when placed on a tooth or veneer.
- I t can easily bond to the tooth.
- when done with whitening better contrast and bonding achieved.
- Can be matched with your best dress color.
- Shines like a real diamond.
- Easy to remove.
- loses shine after sometime .
- Gets debond when heavy forces act on it.
- If many gems used might even cause inner lip laceration.