Veneers are thin shells, which covers teeth to get amazing results by transforming stained, chipped & crooked teeth into flawlessly beautiful smile. It is done by removing enamel then custom veneers permanently bounded to existing teeth. Now days it is done by non-an aesthetic procedure that ultimately gives best results and probably done in just two visits.
Veneers are not the false teeth. They work naturally, they just improve teeth appearance that are already present. Material used in creating veneers are closely related to natural teeth material that are strong enough to allow person to treat them the way they treat their natural teeth like eating all food items. By age, we lose teeth volume but these customized veneers restore our dental support for lips and give us more youthful appearance and they are available in different style whatever a person wants. They are also known as Hollywood smile.
Situations where there is need of Veneers
- Yellow teeth where client wants brighter and whiter teeth.
- -Discoloured teeth for e,g due to staining which could be birth stains /fluorosis,etc.
- -In case where the client is not happy with whitening results.
- -Too small or bigger teeth where there is a need for correction of size.
- -Tilted or Malposed teeth where client wants to have them straighten without orthodontics .
- -Teeth with gaps.
Advantages of Veneers
- -Brighter and Whiter teeth.
- -Don’t have to worry about the color change.
- -Teeth perfect in shape and desired color, hue, and chrome.
- -Faster results achieved in case of slight teeth correction.
Anything from outside of body is a prosthesis or in medical words anything which replaces the natural part is a prosthesis. A prosthesis has a lifespan and as I speak about dental prosthesis we can say it lasts not more than 10-15 years and need replacement.